Google has released Chrome Version 114.0.5735.106 for Mac and Linux and 114.0.5735.110 for Windows to fix a zero-day vulnerability (CVE-2023-3079).
Based on the official site for Chrome updates, “Google is aware of reports that an exploit for CVE-2023-3079 exists in the wild.”.
A. Nature of Vulnerability
- Type confusion in V8 in Google Chrome prior to 114.0.5735.110 allowed a remote attacker to potentially exploit heap corruption via a crafted HTML page.
B. Actions to be Taken
CERT-PH recommends the following actions be taken:
- Review and apply the necessary update to mitigate future threats.
- Go to Chrome Settings > Help > About Google Chrome
- Keep your operating system and other software up to date.
- For additional information, kindly refer to the official report