Google has released Chrome Version 119.0.6045.199 for Mac and Linux, and Version 119.0.6045.199/200 for Windows to address seven security issues, including a zero-day vulnerability (CVE-2023-6345).
Based on the official site for Chrome updates, “Google is aware of reports that an exploit for CVE-2023-6345 exists in the wild.”.
- Type Confusion in Spellcheck. Reported by Mark Brand of Google Project Zero on 2023-10-10
- Use after free in Mojo. Reported by Leecraso and Guang Gong of 360 Vulnerability Research Institute on 2023-10-21
- Use after free in WebAudio. Reported by Huang Xilin of Ant Group Light-Year Security Lab on 2023-11-09
- Out of bounds memory access in libavif. Reported by Fudan University on 2023-11-13
- Use after free in libavif. Reported by Fudan University on 2023-11-13
- Integer overflow in Skia. Reported by Benoît Sevens and Clément Lecigne of Google’s Threat Analysis Group on 2023-11-24
CERT-PH recommends the following actions be taken:
- Review and apply the necessary updates to mitigate future threats.
- Go to Chrome Settings > Help > About Google Chrome
- For additional information, kindly refer to the official report